Effective as of May 1, 2019
Community Action Service Center, Inc. d/b/a Rise (“Rise,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) welcomes you. We invite you to access and use our online services (the “Services”), which are made available to you through our website located at https://www.njrise.org/ (the “Website”)
- DESCRIPTION AND USE OF THE SERVICES
Rise is an independent not-for-profit community services agency that helps individuals and families in need in New Jersey. Rise partners with other community services and agencies to offer wraparound services, and also offers its own direct services to the community including but not limited to, food pantry and emergency shelter (each, a “Rise Program”). You may also volunteer with Rise for one or more volunteer opportunities available in Rise Programs (each a “Volunteer”). You may also make donations to support our Rise Programs and Services (each, a “Donation”).
Rise is under no obligation to accept any individual as a Volunteer, donor or a participant in our Rise Program and may accept or reject any registration in its sole and complete discretion.
The Services are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Our community, like any community, functions best when its people follow a few simple rules. By visiting the Website and/or accessing and/or using the Services, you hereby agree to comply with these community guidelines (the “Community Guidelines”) and that:
- You will not use the Website and the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, invasive of another’s privacy, or promotes violence; or
- discloses any personal information about another person, including that person’s name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not submit false or misleading information, or submit or offer any Donation that you do not intend to honor;
- You will not access the Website or use the Services to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass another user of the Website and/or the Services;
- You will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the Website and the Services, except for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file; and
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Website and/or the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Website and/or the Services through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
Please let us know about inappropriate content. If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and we’ll review it. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Website, or any portion of the Services, without notice, and to remove any content that does not adhere to these guidelines.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Website, and the Services contain materials, such as software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other materials provided by or on behalf of Rise (collectively, the “Content”). The Content may be owned by us or by third parties. The Content is protected under both United States and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You have no rights in or to the Content, and you will not use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement. No other use is permitted without prior written consent from us. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use or posting of the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access and/or use the Content and the Services automatically terminates, and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Rise (“Rise Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Website and the Services are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Rise. Other company, product, and service names located on the Website and the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks”, and, collectively with Rise Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing on the Website or Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Rise Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of the Website are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including but not limited to the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
- COMMUNICATIONS TO US
Although we encourage you to e-mail us, we do not want you to, and you should not, e-mail us any content that contains confidential information. With respect to all e-mails you send to us, including but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information, without compensation to you.
- NO WARRANTIES/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE, AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE.
IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: (I) WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES, TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, PRICING, OR OTHER ERRORS LISTED ON OR OMITTED FROM THE WEBSITE, AND THE SERVICES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES, CORRECTIONS, AND/OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WEBSITE, AND THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
- EXTERNAL SITES
You agree to indemnify and hold Rise, its affiliates, subsidiaries, or its or their officers, directors, employees or agents harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) your misuse of the Website, the Services or any Content, and (iii) your violation of any intellectual property or other right of any third party.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Website, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Website at any time without prior notice or liability.
- COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
The Website and the Services are based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the content of the Website, or the Services may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Website, the Services or the Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New Jersey, without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. Except for proceedings commenced by Rise to protect its intellectual property or confidential information which may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction, the parties mutually agree that any and all disputes arising hereunder shall be resolved exclusively by state or federal courts located in the State of New Jersey. If this Agreement is terminated in accordance with the Termination provision above, such termination shall not affect the validity of the following provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect: “Intellectual Property,” “No Warranties/Limitation of Liability,” “Indemnification,” “Termination of the Agreement,” and “Miscellaneous.” You may not assign this Agreement. Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.
Effective as of May 1, 2019
The Information We Collect
- Personal Information
If you would like to make a Donation, you will need to provide your name, email address and postal address.
And, if you contact us via the Contact Us page, you will need to provide your name and email address.
All information collected pursuant to this section is collectively referred to as “Personal Information.”
- Billing Information
- Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website and/or use the Services. Such information includes, without limitation, IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Website you visit; and similar data; activity and usage information occurring via the Services, including Donation information, preferences, session lengths, and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using our Website and Services. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, Sunlight may not function properly.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website and the Services.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Rise marketing email or by emailing us at email@example.com. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Website and Services; solicit your feedback; and inform you about our products, services, upcoming events, and special promotions and those of our third-party marketing partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Aggregated Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand the users of our Website and Services, we may analyze Personal Information with Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and the Services to current and prospective business partners for other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) operate the Platform, (ii) comply with any legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (iii) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (iv) protect the personal safety of vendors, users of the Websites, Services, or the public.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website, the Services and its servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website and/or the Services, you do so at your own risk.
New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Rise may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Community Action Service Center, Inc. d/b/a Rise
219 Franklin Street
Hightstown, NJ 08520
In addition, Rise does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us
Community Action Service Center, Inc. d/b/a Rise
116 North Main Street
Hightstown, NJ 08520
Being “501(c)(3)” means that a particular nonprofit organization has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, charitable organization.
The IRS Form 990 is the reporting form that many federally tax-exempt organizations must file with the IRS each year. This form allows the IRS and the general public to evaluate a nonprofit’s operations; it includes information on the nonprofit’s mission, programs, and finances.